Thomas W. Handley has been named president and chief operating officer of Ecolab Inc.
“The expanded scope and scale of our company following our merger with Nalco last year warrants additional leadership support,” said Douglas M. Baker, Jr., chairman and chief executive officer of Ecolab. “Tom’s business experience, knowledge of our company, focus on talent development and tremendous strategic abilities will provide me with terrific support and strengthen an already strong leadership team. This move will enable us to leverage our efforts to drive better business execution and talent development across our company. I am excited to have Tom as a partner for the years ahead as we further develop our growth plans, capabilities and team.”
Handley, 57, was most recently senior executive vice president and president of Global Food & Beverage and Asia Pacific Latin America for Ecolab Inc.; he was also responsible for Global Supply Chain. He joined Ecolab in 2003 as senior vice president of Strategic Planning. Handley’s new role is effective immediately.
About EcolabWith 2011 pro forma sales of $11 billion and more than 40,000 employees, Ecolab Inc. (NYSE: ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that provide and protect clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments. Ecolab delivers comprehensive programs and services to the food, energy, healthcare, industrial and hospitality markets in more than 160 countries. For more Ecolab news and information, visit www.ecolab.com.(ECL-C)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV