Celanese Corporation (NYSE:CE), a global technology and specialty materials company, today will showcase its current and developing technology platforms at its Technology Day for investors in Houston, Texas. These platforms build on the company's capabilities and will enable it to deliver higher, more consistent growth. The conference, hosted by Mark Rohr, chairman and chief executive officer, will be webcast live on www.celanese.com beginning at 9:00 a.m. Eastern time. Following the conference, investors will tour Celanese's Clear Lake, Texas facility, including the TCX ® ethanol technology development unit.
"Technology will help drive Celanese's future growth and transformation. Celanese's leading industry positions are based on unique technology platforms throughout our portfolio of businesses. These platforms are focused on developing advantaged cost positions as well as differentiated solutions based on customer needs," Rohr said. "In particular, Celanese's technology platforms allow us to address global trends like resource scarcity, the growing middle class, increased environmental awareness, technology trends, and safety, health and wellness. Our ability to use current and develop new technologies is expected to result in a stronger growth profile with lower earnings volatility and higher returns on capital, ultimately driving increased shareholder value."
At today's conference, Celanese will highlight its AOPlus ® Technology and TCX ® Technology. AOPlus ® Technology provides the company with an unmatched cost advantage in its production of acetic acid and derivatives along with increased product optionality and significant additional growth opportunities. Building on its acetic acid technology platform, TCX ® Technology allows Celanese to produce ethanol at the lowest cost compared to alternative liquid fuel technologies. The company will provide an update on the progress of its commercialization efforts in ethanol and showcase the TCX ® Technology development unit, which supports the company's continuing technology development in both industrial-grade and fuel ethanol.
The company will also demonstrate how it combines advanced chemistry with engineering and application expertise to develop customer-focused solutions that address global macro trends and access broad opportunities for growth, including:
- The company's expertise in highly engineered polymers which enables automakers to reduce weight and meet increasing fuel efficiency standards and assists technology equipment makers in responding to customer demands for increased mobility and functionality
- Celanese's recently announced CelFX TM matrix technology which creates a matrix structure to support product innovation in filter media
- The company's unique Sunsation SM sweetening technology platform which allows beverage makers to respond to health and wellness needs by reducing calories without sacrificing taste
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts