Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM) today introduced the Iron Mountain ® Records and Information Management 360° Solution ™ enabling organizations to centralize the management of physical and electronic records. This makes it easier to apply one set of policies that govern access rights, retention periods and destruction protocols, regardless of where information is stored. As a result, organizations can find records faster, lower risks of noncompliance and cut storage costs. One early customer is Microsoft, which adopted the Iron Mountain Records and Information Management 360° Solution to manage their physical and electronic records inventory.
“The unified view provided by this solution is critical from a business process perspective, providing the ability to seamlessly organize, access and apply policies across all of our content,” said Nishan DeSilva, senior director, Information Management and Compliance, Microsoft. “By integrating both physical and electronic content through Iron Mountain, we can improve productivity to our business users and gain tighter control over our information for compliance, electronic discovery and disposition purposes.”
At the heart of the solution is Accutrac 360° for SharePoint, Iron Mountain’s software for managing multiple paper and electronic record inventories, whether they’re stored with the customer or with storage vendors. Now, through a partnership with Gimmal ®, Accutrac is integrated with Microsoft SharePoint so customers can use Iron Mountain’s records management platform to classify SharePoint records and apply legal holds and retention periods. Gimmal, a maker of information lifecycle solutions for Microsoft SharePoint, signed a partnership agreement with Iron Mountain in July 2011.
By integrating Accutrac and Gimmal, the Iron Mountain Records and Information Management 360° Solution extends native SharePoint functionality to deliver capabilities for consistent classification and management of physical and electronic records, a key prerequisite for accessing information quickly, meeting compliance requirements, and being prepared for litigation or a disaster/data loss event. Specifically, it delivers:
- Greater visibility – Records inventory can be centralized through SharePoint, regardless of whether it’s in a physical or electronic format or stored onsite, within SharePoint, with Iron Mountain or with another vendor.
- Better reliability – Using SharePoint as the unified “system of record” allows the consistent application of policy across all records and all parts of the organization, eliminating inconsistencies in adoption.
- Improved control – Policies for how long an organization keeps a record for business, compliance or litigation reasons can be standardized and enforced, including an automated, auditable process for destruction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV