Shares of the tech giant, which hit a new high of $703.99 earlier this week, closed up 0.03% at $702.10 on Wednesday. Apple also made its latest operating system, iOS 6, available on Wednesday.
Facebook (FB) shares slipped 1.29% to $22.99 in premarket trading on Thursday, reversing some of Wednesday's gains.
Shares of the social networker closed up 6.49% at $23.29 on Wednesday, boosted by tighter integration with Apple's iOS 6. The company's stock has also been lifted recently by positive reports reports about the company's Facebook Exchange ad platform.Facebook was also one of the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 145,305. Adobe (ADBE) was a gainer in premarket trading on Thursday despite trailing Wall Street's revenue estimate in its third-quarter results, released on Wednesday. The San Jose, Calif.-based firm reported revenue of $1.081 billion, below analysts' expectations of $1.10 billion and at the low end of its own guidance of $1.075 billion to $1.125 billion. Adobe took a $9 million hit from currency losses. Excluding items, Adobe earned 58 cents a share, in line with the forecast from analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters. Adobe shares rose 1.45% to $33.6 on Thursday. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV