ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) â¿¿ Global consulting and analytics company IHS Inc. reported Thursday its third-quarter net income and revenue climbed, but the results missed Wall Street's expectations and it lowered its full-year earnings and revenue forecasts.
IHS Inc. earned $44.1 million, or 66 cents per share, for the three months ended Aug. 31. A year earlier the Englewood, Colo., company earned $40.8 million, or 62 cents per share.
Removing stock-based compensation expense, restructuring charges and acquisition-related costs, earnings were 99 cents per share.
Revenue increased 14 percent to $385.6 million from $338.7 million on better results from both its product and services segments.Analysts expected earnings of $1.01 per share on revenue of $405.4 million, according to a FactSet survey. Chairman and CEO Jerre Stead said in a statement on Thursday that the company's subscription business â¿¿ which made up 76 percent of total revenue â¿¿ is still strong but its non-subscription business softened as customers delayed business spending decisions. The company serves industries including aerospace and defense, metals and mining, and shipping and transportation. Looking ahead, IHS now anticipates full-year adjusted earnings of $3.77 per share to $3.89 per share on revenue in a range of $1.52 billion to $1.54 billion. Its prior outlook was for earnings of $3.88 to $4.01 per share on revenue between $1.55 billion and $1.6 billion. Wall Street foresees full-year earnings of $3.98 per share on revenue of $1.57 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV