ProShares UltraShort S&P 500 ETF (SDS)
Background: SDS trades an average of 17.2 million shares per day .
52-Week High: $28.1652-Week Low: $13.03 Similar to the love I have for the Faz, I don't believe trading SDS makes a lot of sense other than for intraday trading in accounts that are not able to short. Self-directed IRAs come to mind. Even for those purposes, I question if the edge is positive. Also, similar to FAZ, SDS is oversold on the weekly, and on the daily chart. The daily is in a strong downtrend, and despite the transaction friction that causes loss in value, we still have to assume a reversion to the mean with an index product is expected.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV