The next ticker is part of a group that uncomfortably populated my results for the last week: leveraged ETFs. These are not really equities like most stocks. They are financial trading instruments that are more or less Frankensteins of the equity world.
I am not a big fan of leveraged ETFs, so I rarely mention them; other than warning investors to stay clear. Leveraged ETFs are a great way to make money, if you're the underwriter for them. Otherwise, I consider the product an unintended consequence of SEC pattern daytrader regulations.
The only way I know of to guarantee making money on Wall Street is to short leveraged ETFs. It's the same reason why it's hard to find shares, and when you do find shares, you can't count on holding on to them when you need to.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV