NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- It's a lot easier to pick stocks when the Fed is on your side. The Fed pumping money into the system doesn't lower the investing standards though. Throwing caution to the wind is what put the housing market in the situation it is in now.
An important caveat in the market is "never confuse a bull market with brains." The oversold stocks ready to bounce I found for this article lead me to one stock to buy and one to sell off. Some of the stocks may surprise you.
On Aug. 28, I wrote
In that article, I picked only four stocks I liked. I will use the closing price on Aug. 28 as the starting price, and the closing price on Tuesday as reference points. All returns are rounded down. Let's see how they performed:Nokia (NOK) -4.29% Hewlett Packard (HPQ) +7.9% Brazilian Petroleum (PBR) +10.5% Radioshack (RSH) +10% The Nokia pick is the worst pick I have had so far, but I believe it remains a buy. In my last article oversold article
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV