NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It's a lot easier to pick stocks when the Fed is on your side. The Fed pumping money into the system doesn't lower the investing standards though. Throwing caution to the wind is what put the housing market in the situation it is in now.
An important caveat in the market is "never confuse a bull market with brains." The oversold stocks ready to bounce I found for this article lead me to one stock to buy and one to sell off. Some of the stocks may surprise you.
On Aug. 28, I wrote Four Oversold Stocks Ready To Bounce Higher.
In that article, I picked only four stocks I liked. I will use the closing price on Aug. 28 as the starting price, and the closing price on Tuesday as reference points. All returns are rounded down. Let's see how they performed:Nokia (NOK) -4.29% Hewlett Packard (HPQ) +7.9% Brazilian Petroleum (PBR) +10.5% Radioshack (RSH) +10% The Nokia pick is the worst pick I have had so far, but I believe it remains a buy. In my last article oversold article Six Oversold Stocks Ready to Bounce I missed one also. I am pleased with the results this time around again. The number of winners (three) outnumbers the trades that lost (one) and all the winners were greater than the one loser. That's a good day's work in my book. What I am looking at now:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV