Teen actress and recording artist Bella Thorne teamed up for the 5 th annual Staples for Students national school supply drive with Staples and DoSomething.org this summer to help thousands of kids in need. The campaign resulted in hundreds of thousands of dollars in school supplies going to students across the country.
Bella Thorne encouraged teens to make a difference by collecting supplies and helped raise awareness through a public service announcement and her social media channels. Most recently, Bella surprised children at the Boys & Girls Club of East Los Angeles with hundreds of bags of school supplies.
“It’s been amazing to be a part of the Staples for Students program to rally my fellow teens to go out and get involved,” said Thorne. “As a student, I know how important it is to be prepared for the school year, so a huge thank you to all of the teens who participated!”
Additional star power gave the Staples for Students campaign a big boost this summer. Teen celebrities lined the red carpet to stuff gift bags full of supplies at a Teen Choice Awards post-party hosted by Bella. Mike Aviles of the Boston Red Sox and Jake Peavy of the Chicago White Sox also pitched in by taking children from local Boys & Girls Clubs on back-to-school shopping sprees.“It was inspiring to see people come together to participate in this important cause this back-to-school season,” said Alison Corcoran, senior vice president of retail marketing at Staples. “We thank our customers, teen volunteers and Bella for helping to ensure that students have the tools they need to succeed in the classroom.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV