NEW YORK -- Oracle (ORCL), the software giant, reported an in-line profit Thursday for its fiscal first quarter but fell short on revenue by a wide margin.
Oracle generated non-GAAP earnings of $2.6 billion, or 53 cents a share, for the three months ended in August on revenue of $8.18 billion. Analysts were expecting a profit of 53 cents a share on revenue of $8.42 billion.
McDonald's (MCD) raised its quarterly dividend by 10%. The fast-food chain bumped the quarterly payout to 77 cents a share. The forward annual dividend of $3.08 per share implies a yield of 3.3%.
Apple's (AAPL) iPhone 5 went on sale across the globe Friday amid strong demand for the new device. Shares of the tech giant hit a new high of $703.99 earlier this week. Apple announced on Monday it had received 2 million pre-orders in the first 24 hours of the iPhone 5's availability. Apple Maps: An iOS 6 Letdown (Update 2)
Darden Restaurants (DRI) is expected by analysts Friday to post fiscal first-quarter earnings of 84 cents a share for the three months ended in August on revenue of $2.03 billion. Darden is the operator of the Red Lobster and Olive Garden restaurant chains.
Other companies reporting earnings Friday include KB Home (KBH) and Park Electrochemical (PKE). 5 Stocks Under $10 Set to Soar
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV