NEW YORK, Sept. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- JetBlue Airways (Nasdaq: JBLU), America's first and only airline to offer its own Customer Bill of Rights, is extending its promise beyond airfare. Starting today, JetBlue Getaways is offering 360 Support for flights, hotel stays, car rentals and activities booked through the airline's vacation program when trips don't go according to plan.
360 Support offers meaningful and specific compensation and peace of mind for controllable events, as defined by a delay, cancellation or diversion that is not caused by a Force Majeure Event (a). Examples include: crew unavailability due to JetBlue's scheduling (not due to weather-event related disruption); delay or cancellation due to maintenance; that which is considered reasonably within JetBlue's control.
Visit jetblue.com/vacations/360-support for full program details.Highlights of 360 Support include:
- Customers who experience a controllable event will always have the JetBlue $100 per person change/cancel fee waived by JetBlue Getaways.
- In a controllable event, if airfare, hotel and/or car price goes up at rebooking, JetBlue Getaways will rebook the airfare to the same destination for dates set by the airline at no additional fee and waive any additional hotel/car penalties and/or increases in price for the same destination.
- Customers who experience a controllable event are entitled to a full Getaways credit, good for one year towards future Getaways bookings, plus possible bonus compensation.
- In the event a customer must involuntarily extend their vacation due to a controllable event, JetBlue Getaways will book the additional nights at the same hotel if available, or another hotel if the original is not available. JetBlue Getaways will make the reservation for additional days of the car rental at no additional charge.
- In the event a customer must involuntarily shorten their vacation due to a controllable event, the customer is entitled to a full Getaways credit for unused (including nonrefundable) night(s), tickets and activities, plus possible bonus compensation.