TAIPEI, Taiwan, Sept. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- GigaMedia Limited (NASDAQ: GIGM) today provided more details on its new cloud computing business, GigaCloud, and announced launch is planned for March 2013.
GigaCloud provides a unique, integrated platform of critical services and tools for small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) in Greater China enabling SMEs to increase flexibility, efficiency and competitiveness.
"Cloud technology is changing the way businesses operate," stated GigaMedia Chief Executive Officer John Stringer. "Old hardware and telecom systems no longer support the way businesses work today; in Asia, SMEs are looking for solutions that are flexible, mobile and affordable that allow for managing business remotely using smart phones or tablets.""GigaCloud enables SMEs to redefine how they do business," stated CEO John Stringer. "With GigaCloud, SMEs in Greater China can jump from using legacy phone and paper-based fax systems to full-featured, cloud-based communications that are cheaper and mobile, accessible from any location using an IP phone, PC, and Web browser or smart phone." Subscriptions provide customers a suite of advanced phone, fax and video security systems, eliminating the need for onsite hardware, installation, and maintenance -- a solution tailor-made for SMEs in Greater China. With GigaCloud, employees will no longer be tied to the office -- increasing productivity; and SMEs can cut IT staff and IT investments -- decreasing costs. Key initial features of GigaCloud include the following:
- Easy to deploy and manage hosted VoIP communications system; no system on premises to maintain and scales as the business grows
- Location independent -- one phone system for offices in multiple locations, also available to users anywhere using an IP phone, PC, and Web browser or smart phone
- One unified phone number for users for both internal and external calls preventing missed calls
- Email store and retrieve faxes from the cloud
- Video surveillance security camera with footage stored on the cloud
- Extremely low cost and high quality solutions
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts