2. Unlike the Ford models, you get 100% of the performance in the Volt when you are on 100% electric. This means you can go up to 100 miles per hour and accelerate 0-60 in 8.5 seconds without the gasoline engine kicking in.
The bottom line: The Ford models are not as powerful and capable of operating at full force in all-electric mode as is the Chevrolet Volt, which is the sports car of the bunch.
At the time of publication the author had no positions in the companies mentioned.
This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV