2. Unlike the Ford models, you get 100% of the performance in the Volt when you are on 100% electric. This means you can go up to 100 miles per hour and accelerate 0-60 in 8.5 seconds without the gasoline engine kicking in.
The bottom line: The Ford models are not as powerful and capable of operating at full force in all-electric mode as is the Chevrolet Volt, which is the sports car of the bunch.
At the time of publication the author had no positions in the companies mentioned.
This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts