Oxygen Biotherapeutics reported a net loss of approximately $3.6 million, or $0.12 per share, for the three months ended July 31, 2012, compared to a net loss of approximately $2.9 million, or $0.12 per share for the same period in the prior fiscal year.
Product revenue for the quarter ended July 31, 2012 decreased to $11,458 compared to $59,477 in the same quarter in 2011 primarily due to the reduction in our internal sales force and termination of existing distribution agreements in the prior year. During the three months ended July 31, 2011, we recorded $26,000 in revenue from sales to our distributor that did not recur in the current period.
Gross profit as a percent of revenue was 48% and 42% for the three months ended July 31, 2012 and 2011, respectively. The increase for the first quarter of fiscal year 2013 primarily was due to a greater proportion of total sales through retail regional sales versus wholesale and distributor channels as compared to the same period in the prior year.Government and grant revenue for the three months ended July 31, 2012 was $266,549 compared to zero for the same period in the prior year. We earn revenues for the direct costs of labor, travel and supplies as well as pass through costs of subcontracts with third-party contract research organizations for preclinical studies through a cost-reimbursement grant sponsored by the U.S. Army. Marketing and sales expenses decreased to approximately $38,605 for the quarter ended July 31, 2012 compared to $229,333 for the same period in 2011. This 83% decrease was driven primarily by fewer costs incurred for compensation and direct advertising. Other savings during this quarter were due to decreases in travel and marketing sample expenses as a result of our regional market focus and a reduction in overall headcount compared to the same quarter in the previous year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV