McCain Foods Limited Announces The Expansion Of Its Harbin, China Potato Processing Plant
TORONTO, Sept. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Today McCain Foods Limited announced plans to double the operating capacity of its Harbin, China potato processing plant. The Harbin plant was built in 2005 and is one of several potato processing plants McCain operates in the Asia Pacific region.
"We have experienced strong growth throughout the Asia Pacific region, including exceptional growth in our China business - this growth requires additional investment in local capacity to support our business and our customers," says Fred Schaeffer, regional president, APMEA ( Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa), McCain.
The first stage of capacity expansion at the Harbin plant was completed this month, with the final stage to be completed in 2013.
About McCain Foods Limited:McCain is the world's potato company. One of the largest manufacturers of frozen potato specialties, we also produce other foods, including pizza, appetizers, oven meals, juice and desserts. The company's products can be found in thousands of restaurants and supermarket freezers in more than 160 countries around the globe. A privately owned company based in Florenceville, New Brunswick and Toronto, Ontario, Canada, McCain generates annual sales in excess of CDN$6 billion, employs 18,000 people and operates 50 production facilities on six continents. McCain also owns The Day & Ross Transportation Group - based in Hartland, New Brunswick - one of the largest transportation companies in Canada. SOURCE McCain Foods Limited
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV