INDIANAPOLIS, Sept. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Simon Property Group, Inc. (NYSE: SPG) announced today the underwritten public offering of 5,873,620 shares of its common stock by the Melvin Simon Family Enterprises Trust (the "Trust"), as selling stockholder. The shares were issued to the Trust in exchange for 6,526,245 units of limited partnership interest of Simon Property Group, L.P. (the "Operating Partnership"), the Company's operating partnership subsidiary, in connection with the settlement of litigation between the Trust and the Company. The shares being offered represent the Trust's entire direct ownership interest in the Company and the Operating Partnership. As a consequence of the exchange, the number of fully diluted shares of the Company has been reduced by 652,625 shares. The offering will be made under the Company's effective shelf registration statement filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC"). Neither the Company nor any of its affiliates, including officers and directors, will sell any shares in the offering.
BofA Merrill Lynch is acting as the sole book-running manager for the offering.
A prospectus and preliminary prospectus supplement relating to the offering will be filed with the SEC and will be available on the SEC's website at http://www.sec.gov. Copies of the prospectus and preliminary prospectus supplement relating to these securities may be obtained from BofA Merrill Lynch, 222 Broadway, 7 th Floor, New York, NY 10038, attention: Prospectus Department or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy, nor shall there be any sale of, these securities in any state or other jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or other jurisdiction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV