The American Water Works Association–Chesapeake Section has named Artesian Lead Water Operator Beth Hamilton as the latest recipient of its Operator of the Year Award, citing Hamilton for her consistent contributions and developments that have improved the quality and supply of water in the Chesapeake Region. Hamilton has more than 26 years of experience as an operator in the water/wastewater field.
Hamilton, the first woman to receive the award, supported the implementation of a new decant system, which drastically reduced the amount of backwash water being sent to waste, thus optimizing water treatment processes and saving sewer fees. She also assisted in the protection of the Artesian Port Deposit water system infrastructure when the town experienced severe flooding last year as a result of Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee.
“Beth has helped modernize Artesian’s Port Deposit Water Treatment Plant, to cut costs and increase efficiency,” said Manager of Maryland Water Operations Mark Kondelis. “Even when the town was under an evacuation order due to rising flood waters last fall, Beth remained dedicated to ensuring the local water tank was full and the facility was secure.”
About ArtesianArtesian Resources Corporation (NASDAQ: ARTNA) operates as the holding company of eight wholly-owned subsidiaries offering water, wastewater and other services on the Delmarva Peninsula. Artesian Water Company, the principal subsidiary, is the oldest and largest investor-owned public water utility on the Delmarva Peninsula and has been providing superior water service since 1905. Artesian Water Maryland, Inc. began operations in August 2007 and now has water service franchise areas stretching from the Susquehanna River to the Delaware state line along Cecil County, Maryland’s designated I-95/Route 40 growth corridor.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV