The Board of Directors of Chimera Investment Corporation (NYSE: CIM) declared the third quarter 2012 common stock cash dividend of $0.09 per common share. This dividend is payable October 29, 2012, to common shareholders of record on October 1, 2012. The ex-dividend date is September 27, 2012.
As previously announced, the Company has initiated a regular quarterly dividend of $0.09 per share for each of the third quarter and fourth quarter of 2012. Portions of the third quarter 2012 distribution may be ordinary income, capital gains or a return of capital. The Board of Directors will review this program after the conclusion of the fourth quarter of 2012.
The Company also announced today that it has estimated that as of June 30, 2012, its GAAP book value was $3.08 per share and its economic book value was $2.87 per share.
The Company had previously announced that it would delay the filing of its Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011, and its Form 10-Q for the quarters ended March 31, 2012, and June 30, 2012. The Company announced that the Company’s previously filed Annual Reports on Form 10-K for the years ended December 31, 2010, 2009 and 2008, and the Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q beginning with the quarter ended September 30, 2008, and for all subsequent quarters through the quarter ended September 30, 2011, will be restated and can no longer be relied upon.The restatement is not expected to affect the Company’s previously announced GAAP or economic book values, actual cash flows, dividends and taxable income for any previous period. The Company is currently unable to estimate the timing for filing its 2011 Form 10-K, and expects to file its Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2012 within 60 days after it files its 2011 Form 10-K and any subsequent unfiled Quarterly Reports will be filed as soon as practicable.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV