TORRANCE, Calif., Sept. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Toyota will continue deepening its commitment to the Latino community with its repeat sponsorship of the Latinos in Tech Innovation and Social Media ( LATISM) 2012 Conference October 25-27, 2012 in Houston. Anticipated to host approximately 1,000 attendees, the annual conference is LATISM's flagship event and will bring together community leaders, social media and technology influencers, educators, government officials and others to explore best practices and resources.
As the exclusive automotive sponsor, Toyota will engage participants with activities aimed to showcase key conservation, education and safety missions aligning with LATISM priorities that span more than 180,000 members. Toyota events include:
- Booth with photo sharing and Toyota's corporate philanthropy efforts
- Seat belt and child car seat safety demonstration and giveaways
- Opportunities to drive new Toyotas, including the Prius family of hybrid vehicles and the Texas-built Tacoma and Tundra pickup trucks
- Participation on education, health, business and technology panels by Toyota and its partners
Toyota also is kicking off Hispanic Heritage Month ( September 15 to October 15) with the launch of @ToyotaLatino on Twitter. The new handle will provide the company opportunities to highlight and celebrate the community, engage at live events and share more vehicle information with owners and enthusiasts.
"Returning as a key LATISM conference sponsor underscores the pride and appreciation we have for our Latino customer base and their contributions to social media and our broader communities," said Julie Hamp, Toyota's North American chief communications officer. "At the LATISM conference, throughout Hispanic Heritage Month and beyond, the @ToyotaLatino Twitter handle will give us a new tool to share, listen and learn with this vibrant, growing population."Toyota is participating in additional social media events this fall including a Twitter party and live blogger event about families and literacy, a Latino and conservation blogger event and a return to Houston for a panel on safety targeted to the Latino community. Since 2004, Toyota has been the leading automotive brand among the U.S. Latino community. Data indicates nearly one of six Latino buyers choose a Toyota when purchasing a car or truck, the highest of any brand. Toyota brands make up more than half of all U.S. hybrid purchases by Latinos.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV