LIVONIA, Mich., Sept. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- RedPlum®, a leading provider of deals and savings on brands consumers want most, announced today the launch of an inaugural eBook " The Best Savings Advice Ever Received," written by Lisa Reynolds, RedPlum's Mom Saver-in-Chief. The eBook is a compilation of tips and advice from Reynolds and other experts, stemming from conversations on her online show, Viva la Value on BlogTalkRadio. Through both this eBook and Viva la Value, Reynolds helps consumers learn to live a value lifestyle that's easy and enjoyable through practical savings tips, coupons and coupon codes. To download the free eBook, please visit www.facebook.com/redplumsaves.
"As host of Viva la Value, I have the pleasure of regularly speaking with savings experts who, along with me, believe we can all enjoy more out of life without paying more out of our pockets," Reynolds said. "This eBook shares the best of those conversations — from saving on groceries to shaving expenses off travel to helping your kids learn to develop smart money habits they can build on throughout life."
Reynolds will host a special segment of Viva la Value with Kate Arcieri, Editorial Director at redplum.com, on Monday, Sept. 24 from 1-1:30 p.m. ET, focusing on content from the new eBook. To listen to Viva la Value, go to www.blogtalkradio.com/lisa-reynolds. Shows are also archived for later access.
Reynolds draws upon a multitude of Viva la Value conversations in her book for an easy read, providing tips including the best time to buy just about anything. "Take vacuum cleaners, for instance. There's actually a best time to look for a new vacuum cleaner and that's in April or May. Retailers typically discount their old vacuums and these are the most common months you'll find deals — good deals, say 20 – 40% off," offers Mark Di Vincenzo, New York Times best-selling author of multiple books including, "Buy Ketchup in May and Fly at Noon."Leah Ingram, Lifestyle and Frugal-Living Expert, author and foreword contributor to the book, said, "Lisa has compiled my advice, along with more than a dozen other experts, in her fabulous new eBook. This book puts in one place terrific money-saving ideas for everything in your daily life, from shopping smart – including cutting coupons – to learning how to swap your stuff." Additional savings experts who contributed to the eBook include:
- Jordan Amin, Chairman of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants' National CPA Financial Literacy Commission;
- Julie Murphy Casserly, a Chicago-based certified financial planner and author of, " The Emotion Behind Money: Building Wealth From the Inside Out;"
- Sami Cone, writer, editor, university professor, performer, professional athlete and pageant winner;
- Cathi Brese Doebler, author of "Ditch the Joneses, Discover Your Family;"
- Lauren Foster, member of the Certified Public Accountants' National CPA Financial Literacy Commission;
- Kelli Grant, SmartMoney.com's senior consumer reporter; Wall Street Journal contributor;
- Jodi Grundig, social media consultant and freelance writer;
- Christie Hardcastle, shopping specialist;
- Jolene Harrington, director of creative content, herecomestheguide.com;
- Leah Ingram, lifestyle and frugal-living expert, and the author of multiple books including her latest, "Toss, Keep, Sell! The Suddenly Frugal Guide to Cleaning Out Clutter and Cashing In;"
- Emily Kaufman, nationally known as The Travel Mom and expert on family travel;
- Jamie Novak, author of "Stop Throwing Money Away: Turn Clutter to Cash, Trash to Treasure and Save the Planet While You're at It;"
- Nancy Phillips, author and expert on teaching financial literacy to children and young adults;
- Allan Roth, author of "How a 2 nd Grader Beat Wall Street" and writer for MoneyWatch;
- Jacquette Timmons, author of" Financial Intimacy;"
- Mark Di Vincenzo, New York Times best-selling author of multiple books including, "Buy Ketchup in May and Fly at Noon;" and
- Kathy Woodard, home decorating expert for lifetimetv.com, galtime.com and relocation.com.