Sept. 19, 2012
a leading provider of deals and savings on brands consumers want most,
announced today the launch of an inaugural eBook "
The Best Savings Advice Ever Received
," written by
Lisa Reynolds, RedPlum's Mom Saver-in-Chief
. The eBook is a compilation of tips and advice from Reynolds and other experts, stemming from conversations on her online show,
Viva la Value
on BlogTalkRadio. Through both this eBook and Viva la Value, Reynolds helps consumers learn to live a value lifestyle that's easy and enjoyable through practical savings tips, coupons and coupon codes.
To download the free eBook, please visit
"As host of Viva la Value, I have the pleasure of regularly speaking with savings experts who, along with me, believe we can all enjoy more out of life without paying more out of our pockets,"
said. "This eBook shares the best of those conversations — from saving on groceries to shaving expenses off travel to helping your kids learn to develop smart money habits they can build on throughout life."
Reynolds will host a special segment of Viva la Value with
, Editorial Director at redplum.com, on
Monday, Sept. 24
1-1:30 p.m. ET
, focusing on content from the new eBook. To listen to Viva la Value, go to
. Shows are also archived for later access.
Reynolds draws upon a multitude of Viva la Value conversations in her book for an easy read, providing tips including the best time to buy just about anything. "Take vacuum cleaners, for instance. There's actually a best time to look for a new vacuum cleaner and that's in April or May. Retailers typically discount their old vacuums and these are the most common months you'll find deals — good deals, say 20 – 40% off," offers
Mark Di Vincenzo,
New York Times
best-selling author of multiple books including,
"Buy Ketchup in May and Fly at Noon
Leah Ingram, Lifestyle and Frugal-Living Expert, author
and foreword contributor to the book, said, "Lisa has compiled my advice, along with more than a dozen other experts, in her fabulous new eBook. This book puts in one place terrific money-saving ideas for everything in your daily life, from shopping smart – including cutting coupons – to learning how to swap your stuff." Additional savings experts who contributed to the eBook include:
- Jordan Amin, Chairman of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants' National CPA Financial Literacy Commission;
- Julie Murphy Casserly, a Chicago-based certified financial planner and author of, " The Emotion Behind Money: Building Wealth From the Inside Out;"
- Sami Cone, writer, editor, university professor, performer, professional athlete and pageant winner;
- Cathi Brese Doebler, author of "Ditch the Joneses, Discover Your Family;"
- Lauren Foster, member of the Certified Public Accountants' National CPA Financial Literacy Commission;
- Kelli Grant, SmartMoney.com's senior consumer reporter; Wall Street Journal contributor;
- Jodi Grundig, social media consultant and freelance writer;
- Christie Hardcastle, shopping specialist;
- Jolene Harrington, director of creative content, herecomestheguide.com;
- Leah Ingram, lifestyle and frugal-living expert, and the author of multiple books including her latest, "Toss, Keep, Sell! The Suddenly Frugal Guide to Cleaning Out Clutter and Cashing In;"
- Emily Kaufman, nationally known as The Travel Mom and expert on family travel;
- Jamie Novak, author of "Stop Throwing Money Away: Turn Clutter to Cash, Trash to Treasure and Save the Planet While You're at It;"
- Nancy Phillips, author and expert on teaching financial literacy to children and young adults;
- Allan Roth, author of "How a 2 nd Grader Beat Wall Street" and writer for MoneyWatch;
- Jacquette Timmons, author of" Financial Intimacy;"
- Mark Di Vincenzo, New York Times best-selling author of multiple books including, "Buy Ketchup in May and Fly at Noon;" and
- Kathy Woodard, home decorating expert for lifetimetv.com, galtime.com and relocation.com.
RedPlum will donate
for each of the first 1,000 downloads to Jump$tart, a national coalition of organizations dedicated to improving the financial literacy of pre-kindergarten through college, by providing advocacy, research, standards and educational resources. For more information, visit
a busy working mom who lives and breathes the savings-oriented lifestyle she talks about on her radio show and in the eBook. When she's not at work, Reynolds is cheering for her sons at football games, hosting dinner gatherings with friends and family, and actively participating in her church community. She is also an avid cook with a philosophy of keeping it simple – less than five ingredients or meals in less than 30 minutes. She lives with her husband and two sons in
. Reynolds is frequently quoted in newspaper, magazine and blog articles, and has been featured in
Better Homes & Gardens
Forbes, Family Circle,
24/7 Moms Blog and more. In addition to downloading the eBook, archives of Viva la Value can be listened to by visiting
RedPlum brings consumers relevant offers and good deals on the brands they want most to best stretch their budgets. We deliver deals on a weekly basis to over 100 million shoppers in the mailbox, in the newspaper, in-store and online. At redplum.com and save.com, you will find one of the largest collections of printable coupons, coupon codes and savings tips along with the best deals and the sweetest coupons plus trends, tips and inside information on what to wear, buy and do right now. RedPlum is the consumer brand of Valassis, a
-based company that has been delivering savings and value for 40 years. Building upon our wish to help American families, we empower the public to take part in the effort to help safely recover missing children through our
America's Looking For Its Missing Children®
program, which appears on our RedPlum products. For more information, visit
To learn about advertising opportunities with RedPlum, please call 1-800-437-0479.