Earlier this month, the Red Bank, N.J. company reported a profit for its fiscal third quarter, reversing a prior-year loss. The company's contracts for new homes rose 19 percent to 1,541 homes, while completed sales grew 25 percent to 1,387 homes.
Hovnanian shares added 11 cents, or 2.9 percent, to $3.90 in afternoon trading, near the top of its 52-week range of 89 cents to $4.03.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV