The collaboration leverages RSA's decades of experience in developing computer security software used by tens of thousands of customers worldwide as well as Booz Allen Hamilton's depth of expertise in designing and managing security operations and cyber analytics for some of the world's most sensitive government and commercial entities. As part of the consulting and services partnership, Booz Allen Hamilton will help RSA expand global reach for its RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Services as well as:
- Develop joint service offerings that leverage the deep technical and analytical experience of both companies in designing threat-resistant digital infrastructures and in helping customers remediate recent or active cyber attacks.
- Draw on each other's security services as part of customer engagements in order to shorten the time to identify and deploy appropriate services while simplifying the customer's engagement model.
- Explore options for the commercialization of Booz Allen Hamilton-developed software, known as 'Automated First Responder (AFR)' which is used in incident response and threat identification. The goal will be to facilitate faster and broader utilization of this advanced technology by incident response teams, including those offered by this consulting and services partnership.
EMC Corporation Acquires Privately Held Silicium Security
EMC today announced it has acquired Montreal-based, Silicium Security, developer of a revolutionary endpoint monitoring tool that enables security teams to detect the presence of unknown and advanced malware and quickly assess, respond to and remediate potential compromises. The acquisition of Silicium Security by EMC is not material to EMC earnings. Terms of the sale were not disclosed.
Silicium Security will retain its staff and continue to operate in Montreal as part of the RSA Security Management and Compliance business unit led by RSA Senior Vice President Amit Yoran. The acquisition of Silicium Security and the addition of this technology will help enhance the capabilities of RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Services by:
- Employing a signature-less approach that detects even the most sophisticated malware
- Alerting security teams on recurring attacks and known malware
- Tracking endpoint behavior including application loading and network traffic to facilitate investigations and speed up remediation
- Facilitating the capture of forensic artifacts for deeper analysis
- Delivering security intelligence that is actionable and easily navigated
- RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Press Release
- RSA-Booz Allen Hamilton Joint Press Release
- Find out more about Silicium Security
- Introducing RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Services – RSA Podcast #239