The collaboration leverages RSA's decades of experience in developing computer security software used by tens of thousands of customers worldwide as well as Booz Allen Hamilton's depth of expertise in designing and managing security operations and cyber analytics for some of the world's most sensitive government and commercial entities. As part of the consulting and services partnership, Booz Allen Hamilton will help RSA expand global reach for its RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Services as well as:
EMC Corporation Acquires Privately Held Silicium Security
- Develop joint service offerings that leverage the deep technical and analytical experience of both companies in designing threat-resistant digital infrastructures and in helping customers remediate recent or active cyber attacks.
- Draw on each other's security services as part of customer engagements in order to shorten the time to identify and deploy appropriate services while simplifying the customer's engagement model.
- Explore options for the commercialization of Booz Allen Hamilton-developed software, known as 'Automated First Responder (AFR)' which is used in incident response and threat identification. The goal will be to facilitate faster and broader utilization of this advanced technology by incident response teams, including those offered by this consulting and services partnership.
EMC today announced it has acquired
-based, Silicium Security, developer of a revolutionary endpoint monitoring tool that enables security teams to detect the presence of unknown and advanced malware and quickly assess, respond to and remediate potential compromises. The acquisition of Silicium Security by EMC is not material to EMC earnings. Terms of the sale were not disclosed.
Silicium Security will retain its staff and continue to operate in
as part of the RSA Security Management and Compliance business unit led by RSA Senior Vice President
. The acquisition of Silicium Security and the addition of this technology will help enhance the capabilities of RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Services by:
- Employing a signature-less approach that detects even the most sophisticated malware
- Alerting security teams on recurring attacks and known malware
- Tracking endpoint behavior including application loading and network traffic to facilitate investigations and speed up remediation
- Facilitating the capture of forensic artifacts for deeper analysis
- Delivering security intelligence that is actionable and easily navigated
Combining the Silicium Security
endpoint monitoring technology with the RSA NetWitness network and log visibility and analytics solutions will enable RSA to offer customers a comprehensive incident response solution to combat Advanced Persistent Threats.
RSA Executive Quote:
Amit Yoran, Senior Vice President, Security Management & Compliance, RSA
"With advanced cyber attackers threatening organizations of all types and sizes, IT leaders are looking for real-world expertise from trusted security partners. Today's announcements underscore the dedication of RSA and our security partners to continue developing and seeking new innovations that offer customers the best and most complete portfolio of security technologies and services to help them stay ahead of advanced threats. By also teaming up with
Booz Allen Hamilton
, we're bringing together the expertise of two of the world's leading security firms to help customers proactively prepare for and respond to advanced cyber attacks."
RSA, The Security Division of EMC, is the premier provider of security, risk and compliance management solutions for business acceleration. RSA helps the world's leading organizations succeed by solving their most complex and sensitive security challenges. These challenges include managing organizational risk, safeguarding mobile access and collaboration, proving compliance, and securing virtual and cloud environments.