General Motors (GM) designs, builds and sells cars, trucks and automobile parts worldwide. This stock is trading up 2.1% at $24.96 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 10.9 millionAverage Volume: 8.3 million Volume % Change: 121% >>5 Stocks to Buy to Be Like Buffett From a technical perspective, GM is moving modestly higher here with above-average volume, and it's stated to push into breakout territory since its moving above some past overhead resistance at $24.87. At last check, GM has hit an intraday high of $25.15 and volume has just started to clear its three-month average action of 8,252,850 shares. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in GM as long as its trending above today's low of $24.32 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 8,252,850 shares as bullish. If GM can hold that trend, and especially continue to trend above $24.87, then this stock has a great chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its next major overhead resistance at $27.03. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr.-- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV