AutoZone (AZO) is a retailer and a distributor of automotive replacement parts and accessories. This stock is trading up 4.6% at $374.56 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.4 millionAverage Volume: 457,372 Volume % Change: 377% Shares of AZO are ripping higher today after the company reported a better-than-expected profit for its fiscal fourth quarter. >>5 Toxic Stocks to Sell Now From a technical perspective, AZO is ramping higher here back above both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages with above-average volume. This move has also started to push AZO into breakout territory, since its taking out some near-term overhead resistance at $373.71. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in AZO as long as it's trending above $367.81 to $373.71 with strong upside volume flows. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that registers near or above 457,372 shares. If AZO can maintain that trend, especially above the breakout level of $373.31, then this stock will have a great chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its next major overhead resistance levels at $381.91 to $387.82.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV