Staples, Inc. (Nasdaq: SPLS) today announced that Michael T. Williams has been appointed senior vice president, general counsel and secretary, effective Nov. 7, 2012. Williams will have global management responsibility for the company’s legal team and will report to Ron Sargent, Staples’ chairman and chief executive officer.
“Mike brings more than 25 years of legal management experience to Staples,” Sargent said. “With his proven leadership and experience across industries, he will play an important role in supporting the company’s growth.”
Williams joins Staples from Sony Electronics, Inc., where he was executive vice president, general counsel and secretary with responsibility for legal operations of several professional and consumer electronics companies in the U.S., Central America and South America. Prior to joining Sony, he was a partner at the law firm of Heller Ehrman, where he represented Fortune 100 companies. Previously, he was a partner at the law firm of Andrews Kurth. Williams also served as an officer in the U.S. Marine Corps. He holds a J.D. from University of San Diego.
About StaplesStaples is the world’s largest office products company and a trusted source for office solutions. The company provides products, services and expertise in office supplies, copy & print, technology, facilities and breakroom, and furniture. Staples invented the office superstore concept in 1986 and now has annual sales of $25 billion, ranking second in the world in eCommerce sales. With 88,000 associates worldwide, Staples operates in 26 countries throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia, making it easy for businesses of all sizes, and consumers. The company is headquartered outside Boston. More information about Staples (Nasdaq: SPLS) is available at www.staples.com/media. Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50414347&lang=en
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV