10 Ways to Be More Charitable Without More Spending
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- No matter how big your heart is, donating money to charity has become more difficult for many Americans facing unemployment, or at least underemployment, along with a higher cost of living.
What if you could give back to a charitable cause without writing a check? Well, you can. Here are 10 innovative ways to show how big your heart is when it comes to making donations without spending a dime more than you already do or volunteering your precious time.
1. Coupons for items you don't need are needed by charities
When it comes to saving money, coupons typically come to mind, and there is no shortage of coupon sources, from the traditional newspaper to websites and coupon apps.
Stephanie Nelson of
Using coupons to find deals on behalf of local charities can be time consuming. In fact, staying on top of coupons with your scissor can be time-consuming before charity even enters into it. But if you're the type who typically browses the internet for coupons every now and then, you can still make a charitable impact. A new website,
If you have been throwing your old cell phones in a drawer for the past few years, it won't cost you a dime to donate the phone to someone who needs it. Get in touch with your local cell phone store or contact your wireless provider to discuss the best options for donating your old phone. And with new versions of cell phones and smartphones being rolled out every year, chances are you've accumulated a phone or two in the past that you don't need anymore.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV