Casey’s General Stores, Inc. (Casey’s) is pleased to announce Casey’s customers raised more than $750,000 to support the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA). Throughout the month of August and concluding on Labor Day, Casey’s customers were asked to donate $1 or $5 to help send a child to MDA Summer Camp.
“We have passionate, generous customers and employees who understand the importance of giving to those in need,” said Robert J. Myers, president and CEO of Casey’s. “Last year, this program raised more than $570,000 and our goal this year was to increase that to $600,000. On behalf of Casey’s, we extend appreciation to the people in our communities who rallied to make a difference for the lives of children suffering from this disease.”
This is the sixth consecutive year Casey’s has supported the campaign, “Make a Muscle, Make a Difference ® & Send a Kid to MDA Summer Camp.” The average cost of sending a child to MDA Summer Camp is $800. So with the 2012 fundraising efforts, Casey’s customers are sending 937 children to summer camp next summer.
According to the MDA website, an MDA Summer Camp provides children with neuromuscular disease opportunities to discover a world created specifically for them, and meet many other children sharing the same needs and experiences. MDA campers dream about summer camp all year and often say it’s better than Christmas; some even say it’s changed their lives. Almost all campers agree that it’s "the best week of the year."About Casey’s General Stores, Inc. Headquartered in Ankeny, Iowa, Casey’s is the leading independently-owned convenience store chain in the Midwest and of one the largest in the country. As of August 31, 2012, Casey’s owned and operated 1,703 stores in 12 states. For more information, please visit caseys.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV