Another stock that insiders are finding attractive here is biotechnology and drugs player Response Genetics (RGDX), a life sciences company engaged in the research and development of clinical diagnostic tests for cancer. Insiders are sniffing out some deep value here, since shares are down by over 30% in the last six months.
Response Genetics has a market cap of $31 million and an enterprise value of $30.99 million. This stock trades at a reasonable valuation, with a price-to-sales of 1.80. Its estimated growth rate for the next quarter is 50%, and for this year it's pegged at -43.3%. This is barley a cash-rich company, since the total cash position on its balance sheet is $2.56 million and its total debt is $1.32 million.A beneficial owner just bought 3 million shares, or about $3.3 million worth of stock, at $1.10 per share. >>5 Stocks Under $5 Moving Higher From a technical perspective, RGDX is currently trading above its 50-day moving average and below its 200-day moving average, which is neutral trendwise. This stock recently gapped up and soared from around $1 to its recent high of $1.42 a share with heavy upside volume. During that move, shares of RGDX made higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. Since that move, RGDX has now started to selloff after the stock ran into resistance near its 200-day at $1.47 a share. If you're in the bull camp on RGDX, then I would look for long-biased trades off weakness if RGDX can hold some near-term support at $1.10 a share off any pullback. If RGDX holds $1.10, then look for it to break at above $1.42 to $1.47 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 19,450 shares. If we get that move, then RGDX will have a great chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its next major overhead resistance levels at $1.60 to $2.05 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV