"Elsa is an employee who consistently does her job well, and trains other new colleagues to follow her lead." said Robert P. Wise, Hunterdon Medical Center president and chief executive officer. "I am so pleased she is being recognized for her dedication to Hunterdon Medical Center and our patients. It is a great achievement that Elsa is first in the country to receive this prestigious healthcare award."
- Martha Bonilla, environmental services aide, Tampa General Hospital, Tampa, Fla.
- Terry Perkins, environmental services worker III, Fletcher Allen Health Care, Burlington, Vt.
- Kim Tyler, environmental services worker, Tenet St. Christopher's Hospital for Children, Philadelphia
"Together with AHE, we are providing environmental services professionals and technicians with the necessary tools for their continued education, training and recognition to help their facilities support their goals of reducing HAIs," said
, marketing director, healthcare segment, Kimberly-Clark Professional. "Environmental services professionals and technicians make a significant difference in the lives and safety of patients and residents, and we're proud to celebrate the work they do."
The nomination process for the 2012 Heart of Healthcare Awards will open in early 2013 at
. Nominees do not need to be AHE members to be nominated for the award.
Heart of Healthcare Campaign Toolkit
AHE and Kimberly-Clark, with input from environmental services professionals, developed Heart of Healthcare Education and Recognition tools, which offer vital support to promote best practices in cleaning and disinfecting the healthcare environment.
The tools are available through the AHE website at no cost and nearly all of the materials are customizable to include the logo of the healthcare facility using the materials. The following materials are included:
- Employee recognition certificate
- Checklist with handy references to cleaning and disinfecting patient rooms
- Posters for public display
- Room calling cards indicating a patient room has been cleaned
For more information on the campaign please visit,