Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Gold is the only currency investors can trust, Jim Cramer told Debra Borchardt at TheStreet.com Wednesday, as he predicted the precious metal will see $2,000 an ounce in the near future.
Cramer said that gold remains a supply-and-demand situation. There is great demand for gold, he said, but the gold miners just can't find enough of it. That's why Cramer continued to recommend gold as an investment, not a trade. He said the way to play it is with the SPDR Gold Shares (GLD), but if investors want to trade a gold miner, they can look into Randgold Resources (GOLD) and Franco-Nevada (FNV).
Cramer continues to be a believer in owning the metal itself, he said, but the fact remains that the average investor can't afford to buy gold directly.Watch the full Cramer interview here. --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV