CHARLOTTE, N.C., Sept. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Leading snack food company Snyder's-Lance, Inc. is proud to announce that three brands in its portfolio of products have been honored by top consumer and trade publications thus far in 2012.
Snyder's-Lance, which has grown to include some of America's favorite snack brands, has won numerous awards over the years for its specialty snack food offerings — including its all-natural products, reduced fat varieties and snacks that are a good source of whole grains. The tradition continues in 2012 with Cape Cod® Potato Chips, Snyder's of Hanover® Pretzels and the EatSmart Naturals® products being recognized by top lifestyle, health and grocery trade publications.
- 2012 Annual SHAPE Snack Awards — Cape Cod's newest variety Waffle Cut Sea Salt was selected as the potato chip winner for the 2012 SHAPE Snack Awards in the "Best for Parties" category. The SHAPE Snack Awards recognizes the best low-calorie snacks of the year and products must meet strict nutritional guidelines to be considered by editors. The awards are listed in the July 2012 issue of SHAPE magazine, which reaches more than 2 million readers through its print and online editions.
- Rodale's "Eat This, Not That!" — Snyder's of Hanover Organic Honey Whole Wheat Pretzel Sticks were selected as a better-for-you snack option in Rodale's " Eat This, Not That!" list of the 21 Best Organic Snacks. Rodale is a publisher of health and wellness magazines, books, and digital properties, including Men's Health, Women's Health, Prevention and Runner's World. The publisher reaches more than 70 million people around the world.
- Progressive Grocer 2012 "Editors' Picks" — Snyder's of Hanover Bacon Cheddar Pretzel Pieces and EatSmart Naturals Potato Crisps were selected by Progressive Grocer for the 2012 "Editors' Picks". Both snacks were recognized, out of a pool of more than 300 entries, as two of the best new consumer products introduced in 2012. They were honored as "Editors' Picks" in the August 2012 print issue of Progressive Grocer as well as on the Progressive Grocer website. The supermarket industry publication reaches more than 50,000 people each month through its print and online versions.
"We are extremely pleased that several brands in the Snyder's-Lance family have been recognized this year for product quality, taste and innovation," said John Konradt, Senior Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer of Snyder's-Lance. "We're committed to offering a wide variety of high-quality products and these awards help validate the significant effort and investment that we continue to put into developing irresistible snack food offerings for our consumers."
Snyder's-Lance, which will celebrate the 100 th anniversary of the Lance Sandwich Crackers brand in 2013, has a long history of providing high-quality, consumer-preferred snacks. For more information, please visit www.snyderslance.com.About Snyder's-Lance Snyder's-Lance, Inc., (Nasdaq-GS: LNCE) headquartered in Charlotte, NC, manufactures and markets snack foods throughout the United States and internationally. The Company's products include pretzels, sandwich crackers, potato chips, cookies, tortilla chips, restaurant style crackers, nuts and other snacks. Snyder's-Lance has manufacturing facilities in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Indiana, Georgia, Arizona, Massachusetts, Florida, Ohio, and Ontario, Canada. Products are sold under the Snyder's of Hanover, Lance, Krunchers!, Cape Cod, EatSmart Naturals, Jays, Grande, Tom's, Archway, O-Ke-Doke and Stella D'oro brand names along with a number of private label and third party brands. Products are distributed widely through grocery and mass merchandisers, convenience stores, club stores, food service outlets and other channels. LNCE-G SOURCE Snyder's-Lance, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV