Intel Corporation today announced that Sean Maloney, Intel executive vice president and chairman of Intel China, plans to retire in January.
“I am very proud of my 30 years at Intel,” said Maloney. “Through those years I’ve had the honor of working with some of the most brilliant minds in the world, from Andy Grove to Paul Otellini, and on the most cutting-edge technology. I worked on three continents and saw the world as a representative of Intel. I saw firsthand the astonishing growth and potential of China and the Asian region.”
Maloney, 56, is a veteran of the semiconductor industry. He joined Intel in 1982 and has held a number of senior management positions with the company during his career. Most recently, he served as the first chairman of Intel China. In this role, he has been responsible for the implementation of an Intel-wide strategy for long-term success in China as well as leadership development for Intel China’s management team. He has lived in Beijing since July 2011. Previously, he served as co-general manager of the Intel Architecture Group and chief sales and marketing officer.
“Intel will always be part of my life, and I feel privileged to have been one of the company’s leaders,” Maloney said. “I look forward to my retirement and spending more time with my family. Intel is full of the best and brightest people I have ever known.”“Sean is a well-known visionary for Intel and the computing industry,” said Otellini, president and CEO of Intel. “In the '90s he identified the impact Asia would have as a technology market as well as an innovation hub for the industry, and last year he unveiled Intel’s efforts to re-invent computing with Ultrabook devices. He leaves a major mark on Intel and the industry, and I wish Sean and his family well as they move on to the next chapter in his life.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV