SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 19, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Zynga, (Nasdaq:ZNGA), the world's leading provider of social game services, and Food Network today announced a partnership to bring Robert Irvine, host of Food Network's Restaurant: Impossible to ChefVille. Beginning today, Irvine will face his biggest challenge yet as he helps ChefVille players enhance their in-game establishments by mastering dishes from around the world, while improving their restaurants.
ChefVille, which launched in August and is already the No. 1 game on Facebook, is Zynga's new take on restaurant games, delivering players an experience that mixes self-expression, ingredient crafting and exploration, as well as real recipes that offer more opportunities for players to connect with friends and family outside of the game.
"We're constantly looking at unique ways to bring the online and offline worlds of our players together in more meaningful ways, so we were delighted to partner with Food Network and Robert Irvine," said Jonathan Knight, General Manager of ChefVille, Zynga. "The lure of owning a restaurant is more popular than ever. Robert is not only driving the mainstream popularity of cooking, but also has the culinary chops to help players bring their dream of owning a successful restaurant to life in ChefVille."Throughout the next two weeks, ChefVille players can go on a series of quests cooked up by Irvine – everything from ingredient cultivation and specialization to dish mastery and customer service – without the actual growing pains of owning a real restaurant. Similar to his role on Restaurant: Impossible, Irvine will guide ChefVille players along the way, providing tips and tricks – and a little tough love when necessary. Players will instantly recognize Irvine in the game thanks to a muscle-bound, bespectacled avatar he developed with the ChefVille team. "As an avid fan of social games I am extremely excited about partnering with Zynga on this interactive culinary journey," said Robert Irvine. "Zynga continues to be a pioneering force in the world of social gaming. I couldn't be more honored to have an avatar of myself and Restaurant: Impossible be a part of ChefVille, as we lend insight to players on what it takes to create their dream restaurant while earning my approval." Restaurant: Impossible, currently in its fourth season, is one of Food Network's most popular shows – giving television viewers a front row seat as they watch Irvine attempt to save America's most desperate restaurants from impending failure in just two days with only $10,000. In ChefVille, Irvine will help players avoid the common pitfalls that restaurateurs often run into – from under-seasoned dishes and outdated décor to budgetary constraints. Robert Irvine ChefVille quests include:
- Gather ingredients – Players are challenged to source key ingredients for their recipes – ranging from produce such as garlic, onions and tomatoes to beef – to complete dishes including paninis and bruschetta.
- Spice it up – Players learn the value of a pinch of salt, using it to amp up the flavor in their dishes, while adding a dash of Thyme to speed up the cooking process.
- Call on your neighbors – Draw inspiration from friends by visiting their restaurants to borrow ideas for your own restaurant design, as well as access ingredients you might not have.
- The VIP treatment –Players can serve up VIP Service by serving customers dishes, sending them flowers and bringing in outside entertainment like musicians.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV