LOS ANGELES and PLEASANTON, Calif., Sept. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Actress and Stand Up To Cancer Ambassador Marg Helgenberger will appear in a new public service campaign on behalf of The Safeway Foundation and Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C). The campaign is designed to raise funds and increase awareness for the fight against breast cancer, which claimed the lives of nearly 40,000 women in the United States in 2011.
Helgenberger, known for her role as Catherine Willows on the CBS drama CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, will appear in both a print and 30-second broadcast public service announcement in direct support of the campaign, which will run as the nation prepares to observe National Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October.
Debuting the end of September, the public service campaign will coincide with Safeway's annual in-store Breast Cancer Awareness fundraiser, which offers customers multiple opportunities to give at more than 1,600 Safeway stores across the United States and Canada. The public service campaign will extend through October.At the center of the public service campaign is a limited-edition, breast cancer awareness reusable shopping bag. The bag will be available for purchase at all Safeway locations, including Vons, Pavilions, Tom Thumb, Randalls, Dominick's and Carrs stores, as well as online at safewayfoundation.org. Two dollars from the sale of the $2.99 reusable bag will go directly to breast cancer research. Additionally, Safeway shoppers will have a chance to make a separate donation at checkout stands. "As the daughter of a breast cancer survivor, I am deeply committed to the fight against this disease," said Helgenberger. "I am proud to take a stand on behalf of my mother, and in support of all the women and families who have been affected by breast cancer."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV