NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- I love collecting dividends. I don't receive physical checks, but the satisfaction from email alerts is just as satisfying.
I also love when the stocks I bought before go up in price. Combining high yields with rising capital appreciation sounds as good a combo as what Reese (HSY) made with peanut butter and chocolate.
I searched through companies, finding stocks that combine high yields along with a rising share price. I am sure by reading through you will find at least one company that fits your investing objectives, plus buying these stocks won't increase your waist size like the very delicious Peanut Butter Cup I ate (strictly as part of my research).
International Paper (IP)IP Revenue data by YCharts
Background: International Paper is a global paper and forest products company complemented by an extensive distribution system. The company produces printing and writing papers, pulp, tissue, paperboard and packaging, and wood products. The company was founded in 1898 and is based in Memphis, Tenn. International Paper trades an average of 4.6 million shares per day with a marketcap of $15 billion. 52-Week Range: $21.55 - $36.50 Yield: 3.1% Investors are receiving $1.05 a share in dividend. Examining the dividend history of a company is a great way to help understand what we may expect in the future. While past payments don't guarantee future dividends, reviewing the past is the best way I know to predict the most likely future outcome. The three-year average amount International Paper has distributed to shareholders per year is 57 cents. The payout rate (percentage of profit paid in dividends) is a manageable 42%, with increasing profits estimated for next year. The shares are lower this week in reaction to downgrades by more than one analyst. It doesn't appear they lost the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV