LONGMONT, Colo., Sept. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sopris Learning, a provider of research-based assessments, supplemental and intervention materials, positive behavior supports, and professional development offerings, announced the release of innovative educator tools to support RAVE-O: Proven Literacy Intervention: RAVE-O® Town, www.raveotown.com, and RAVE-O Online Training, www.soprislearningtrainingcenter.com.
RAVE-O Town is a booming new eCommunity of RAVE-O teachers and administrators from around the country and around the world. Developed to provide an online forum for RAVE-O educators to candidly and collaboratively discuss all things RAVE-O, educators can share teaching ideas, students' successes and challenges, and insights that will benefit their colleagues and ultimately improve results. Additionally, there is a wealth of helpful resources to support educators implementing RAVE-O, including:
- Videos of model lessons and real implementations
- Complimentary webinars with authors and literacy leaders
- Podcasts of exclusive author and researcher interviews
- Relevant education blogs and research articles
- An interactive open discussion board
- "Ask the RAVE-O Town Council" forum
"District and building administrators, teachers, literacy coaches, and all those involved in RtI and intervention services can have open dialogue to collaboratively and creatively explore ways to teach RAVE-O interactively and effectively," says George Logue, President, Sopris Learning.
Sopris Learning also released RAVE-O Online Training (for more details, visit www.soprislearningtrainingcenter.com)."The training is available in a convenient, self-paced online learning environment. The easy-to-navigate online course is an excellent cost and time effective alternative to face-to-face training," says George Logue, president, Sopris Learning. It is sold as individual licenses and features in-depth implementation training, including:
- Gold-standard research and connections to the classroom
- Methods, materials, and strategies for implementation—including opportunities for practice
- A video host to guide educators through each section
- Tools to search, highlight, and annotate
- Embedded video segments for modeling lessons and explaining how to use all components
- Check-your-understanding quizzes that provide feedback and document participation