SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- DREAMFORCE 2012 -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing company, today introduced major new cloud services for the Salesforce Platform, the world's leading enterprise cloud platform. The new Salesforce Identity will deliver "Facebook-like identity for the enterprise," a single, social, trusted identity service to access and centrally manage every cloud app within Salesforce. The new Salesforce Touch Platform allows mobile apps to be written once and deployed anywhere, using the same Salesforce cloud platform services developers love using today. The Salesforce Platform will now have nine major enterprise cloud platform services, enabling companies to accelerate innovation and ignite a new era of social and mobile apps with unparalleled levels of speed, touch and trust.
- "The Salesforce Platform has always been the enterprise cloud platform that delivers the fastest path from idea to application," said George Hu, chief operating officer, salesforce.com. "Our two new breakthrough services, Salesforce Identity and Salesforce Touch Platform, extend this success to the next generation of social and mobile enterprise apps."
- "No one understands the power of social and mobile networks like Avon and the Salesforce Platform enables our sales leaders to connect with representatives and deliver the highest level of support," said Donagh Herlihy, chief information officer, Avon. "The Salesforce Platform allows Avon and our representatives to collaborate in new ways, have greater visibility into our campaigns and ultimately grow our business."
- "By delivering identity services that are woven into business apps, customers no longer have to manage identity in isolation and users are free from creating unique log-ins for the growing list of business apps they use," said Ian Glazer, research vice president, Gartner. "Companies can now deliver a single identity within the context of every business app – a big win for both business users and IT administrators."
Introducing Salesforce Identity – "Facebook-like Identity for the Enterprise"The explosion of enterprise apps has made managing access and identity difficult. Users are frustrated with juggling multiple log-ins, and enterprise IT is frustrated with managing secure access across all of these apps. To accelerate app adoption, users need a simple social identity solution, similar to the one consumers enjoy on social networks such as Facebook, and enterprises need a trusted, standards-based way to manage access to all of these apps.New Salesforce Identity will deliver a single, social, trusted identity service across all enterprise apps, delivered with the simplicity, transparency and trust of the Salesforce Platform.
- Single Sign-On: The Salesforce Identity will be pre-integrated across apps, so users can seamlessly access all of their apps with a single log-in.
- Social Identity: With Salesforce Identity, Salesforce Chatter will allow apps across multiple platforms to push important information to the user in one feed, allowing these apps to interact with the enterprise social graph.
- Centralized identity and access management: Administrators will be able to centrally manage apps and users through automated, highly flexible provisioning and de-provisioning workflows on the Salesforce Platform.
- Deploy anywhere: Salesforce Touch Platform supports native, HTML5 and hybrid app development, so developers can deploy to any device, including the iPad, iPhone and Android.
- Rich cloud services: Enterprise developers can use the social- and mobile-friendly APIs in the Salesforce Platform to connect their mobile apps to enterprise data and content with the enterprise social graph.
- Force.com: New Force.com Canvas will allow any app, in any language, to run inside of the Salesforce user interface with unified identity, secure access to records, and collaboration via the Chatter social graph. Legacy apps, such as SAP, can be transformed into social front ends creating a seamless experience for users.
- Heroku: New Heroku Enterprise for Java provides a path for building and running Java apps in the cloud, in minutes rather than months. Heroku Enterprise for Java includes full Java stack, continuous delivery integration, multiple-environment runtime and native Java tools - all available as a service, and without the complexity and cost typically associated with Java development.
- Salesforce Chatter: Now any developer or ISV can use optimized RESTful Chatter APIs to embed Chatter into their apps and connect them to the enterprise social graph.
- Chatter Communities: New Chatter Communities, built into the core of the Salesforce Platform, will enable companies to build private social communities that connect customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways. Enterprises will be able to create fully customizable and branded communities, leveraging Chatter APIs to integrate business processes. And users will be able to access and seamlessly move between multiple communities with one identity.
- AppExchange: New AppExchange Checkout opens a new channel for developers by delivering turn-key billing on the world's leading marketplace for social and mobile apps. Customers can now buy cloud apps with their credit card, and AppExchange Checkout handles all the details with one-time or automatic billing, renewals and expiration reminders.
- Database.com: New native geo-location field enables developers to create locale-aware mobile apps on the world's leading cloud database. In addition, new User Sharing capabilities can be used to build social data models based on individual or group profiles.
- Site.com: New Site Networking capabilities will provide marketers with the ability to link sites and build them faster through sharing and reuse of assets, templates and content. In addition, business users can now easily translate site content into multiple languages with the Site.com studio.
- Salesforce Touch Platform is generally available now and included as part of Force.com. The Mobile SDK and other mobile components are available on Github: https://github.com/forcedotcom.
- Salesforce Identity is scheduled to be generally available in 2013. Pricing of Salesforce Identity will be announced at general availability.
- Force.com Canvas is currently a new feature in pilot in the Force.com Winter '13 release.
- Heroku Enterprise for Java pricing starts at $1,000 per month per application, and is available starting today at http://heroku.com/enterprisejava.
- RESTful Chatter APIs are currently generally available now as part of Force.com.
- Chatter Communities is currently scheduled to be available in limited pilot in fall 2012, and currently scheduled to be generally available the second half of 2013. Pricing of Chatter Communities will be announced at general availability.
- AppExchange Checkout is a new feature of the AppExchange and is available now.
- Database.com's native geo-location field and User Sharing capabilities are new features in pilot in the Force.com Winter '13 release.
- Site.com's Site Networking and Multi-lingual Sites capabilities are currently in pilot and available in the Force.com Winter '13 release.
- Read more about Salesforce Identity at: http://blogs.developerforce.com/engineering/2012/09/introducing-salesforce-identity.html
- Grow your business with the world's #1 sales app, Salesforce Sales Cloud
- Deliver amazing customer service with the award-winning Salesforce Service Cloud
- Listen, engage, advertise, and measure social media marketing with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Achieve breakthrough collaboration and productivity with Salesforce Chatter
- Align, motivate and drive performance with Salesforce Work.com
- Build social and mobile cloud apps on the Salesforce Platform and extend success with the world's leading enterprise app marketplace, the AppExchange
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV