VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Sept. 19, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation (Nasdaq:TKMR) (TSX:TKM), a leading developer of RNA interference (RNAi) therapeutics, today provided a periodic update to its shareholders on the ongoing litigation with Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and AlCana Technologies, Inc.
"We are firmly committed to regaining control of our LNP technology and preserve its full value for Tekmira. The Massachusetts Superior Court has issued a pre-trial scheduling order with the timeline for the remaining pre-trial events leading up to a trial commencing on November 14, 2012," said Dr. Mark J. Murray, Tekmira's President and CEO.
Key activities in the legal timeline include:
- Expert depositions will be completed by September 28, 2012.
- Witness lists, exhibit lists and other motions must be completed during October 2012.
- The final pre-trial conference will be on November 7, 2012.
- Jury empanelment will begin on November 13, 2012.
- The trial will commence, in front of a jury, on November 14, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV