Silicon Image, Inc. (NASDAQ: SIMG), a leading provider of HD connectivity solutions, today announced the industry’s most advanced port processor solution for the television and display markets, the SiI9687. The SiI9687 is a 4-port HDMI ® port processor that is also compliant with the latest MHL 2.0 specification. It allows consumers to view pristine uncompressed media from their mobile devices as well as HDMI devices on the big screen TV at a resolution of 1080p60.
The SiI9687 features InstaPrevue technology, which offers a simultaneous live picture-in-picture preview of every device connected via HDMI or MHL inputs, from Blu-ray™ players to mobile devices. InstaPrevue eliminates the hassle of searching through inputs on the television screen to determine which port is your Blu-ray player, set-top box, MHL-enabled mobile handset or other source device. Instead, consumers can easily view and select the live preview window to switch between connected devices.
“Over 100 million MHL-enabled mobile devices have shipped since the introduction of the standard about two years ago,” said Alex Chervet, senior director marketing at Silicon Image. “With our latest and most advanced port processor solution, the SiI9687, TV manufacturers can offer consumers the benefits of our standards-plus features of fast InstaPort™ switching and InstaPrevue, as well as MHL, the next generation of mobile device connectivity.”
Key features of the Silicon Image SiI9687 port processor include:
- Full support for the MHL 2.0 specification, including the ability to display and control content from MHL-enabled mobile devices while powering the device.
- HDMI support for resolutions of up to 4Kx2K with 300 MHz.
- InstaPrevue technology, which simplifies port-to-port switching by showing a simultaneous live preview of all connected HD sources.
- InstaPort S technology, which reduces port switching time to a single second or less.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV