Sonus Networks, Inc.
(Nasdaq: SONS), a
global leader in SIP communications
, announced today that it has been named to the “2012
500 List of Top Technology Innovators Across America.” The annual award recognizes companies that display outstanding innovation in the use of information technology. This is the first year Sonus has been selected and was recognized for its innovative use of online tools to support channel partners as part of the Sonus Partner Assure™ program.
Launched in June 2012, Sonus Partner Assure provides Sonus’ enterprise channel partners with a unique, portal-based support experience that includes seamless, simple access to sales and technical support services, including pricing/configuration tools, lead management and live access to Sonus subject matter experts. In its first week of deployment, the Sonus Partner Assure portal was accessed by more than 200 unique partner contacts. The company expects to recoup its investment on the portal development project through the increased sale of channel-based products that will be serviced through the portal, notably the Sonus SBC 5100 and Sonus SBC 5200 session border controllers (SBC).
identifies and honors the nation's most innovative users of information technology with its annual 500 listing and tracks the technology, strategies, investments and administrative practices of America’s best-known companies. Past winners include PACCAR Inc., The Vanguard Group, CME Group, National Semiconductor, Con-Way and Principal Financial Group. The
500 rankings are unique among corporate rankings as they spotlight the power of innovation in information technology, rather than simply identifying the biggest IT spenders.
- “The InformationWeek 500 has recognized the most innovative users of business technology for 24 years, and this year’s innovations were particularly impressive,” said InformationWeek Editor-in-Chief Rob Preston. “What the editors looked for are unconventional approaches—new technologies, new models, new ways of grabbing business opportunities and solving complex business problems with IT.”
- Bill Scudder, Sonus CIO said, “The Sonus team is honored to be recognized as an InformationWeek 500 recipient for our approach in making sure channels find Sonus easy to do business with. We have an exclusive set of tech-savvy companies who are certified as Sonus Partner Assure resellers and we feel strongly that only a best-in-class online engagement platform would serve their needs.”
- “The Sonus Partner Assure portal and its ease of use is a key differentiator for Sonus and how we collaborate and transact with our partners,” said Joe McLaughlin, vice president of Global Channels at Sonus. “We have simplified new partner enrollment, activation and certifications through the portal and expect to speed time to revenue as a result.”
- Designed as an exclusive community of the most highly capable technology providers in the world, the Sonus Partner Assure program currently includes 13 partners.
- The Sonus SBC 5100 and Sonus SBC 5200 SBCs are sold to enterprise customers exclusively through Sonus channel partners.
- Sonus is currently the fastest-growing SBC vendor in terms of service provider market share, according to Infonetics.
- Additional details on the I nformationWeek 500 can be found at www.informationweek.com/iw500/.
Sonus, SONS, Sonus Partner Assure, InformationWeek 500, SBC, Sonus SBC 5100, Sonus SBC 5200, Sonus SBC 9000, session border controller, SIP, SIP trunking, IP, IPsec, media transcoding, IPv6 interworking, enterprise SBC, IT priorities, IT cost savings, Unified Communications, UC, Cloud VoIP communications, session management, employee productivity, enterprise communications, SIP-based solutions, VoIP