Sept. 19, 2012
DREAMFORCE 2012 –
Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing company, today unveiled the Salesforce Marketing Cloud, the most comprehensive suite for social marketing.
is the first suite to unify social listening, content, engagement, advertising, workflow, automation and measurement. Together these technologies will transform marketing – from the CMO to the community manager – for the social revolution.
Comments on the News
Salesforce Marketing Cloud: World's Most Comprehensive Suite for Social Marketing
- "Marketing is undergoing its biggest shift in decades, as brands move from traditional strategies to connecting with customers and fans globally through social media," said Michael Lazerow, CMO of Salesforce Marketing Cloud, salesforce.com. "Salesforce Marketing Cloud empowers brands to take advantage of this shift, turning insight into action and connections into customers for life."
- "Ford doesn't have a standalone social media strategy — we have a business strategy supported by social media," said Scott Monty, communications manager, Global Digital & Multimedia, Ford Motor Company. "We need to scale social media across our employees, dealers and customers, and know exactly how it is driving our business. We also need a unified view of social to make analysis that comes out of it available to product development, advertising or product marketing. This is all possible with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud."
- "There are massive, global shifts taking place in marketing due to social media," said Babs Rangaiah, vice president, Global Media Innovation, Unilever. "Unilever has fully embraced this social transformation and a partner like Buddy Media, now Salesforce Marketing Cloud, empowers us to scale our social programs globally and across many brands. This is incredibly valuable."
- "Companies are struggling to scale to keep up with all the conversations on social networks," said Jeremiah Owyang, industry analyst, Altimeter Group. "Tools that analyze, plan, deliver and measure media such as ads, content and conversations help marketers to reach the intended audiences and result in higher resonation."
The marketing industry is undergoing the biggest transformation it's seen in 60 years and it's being driven by the social revolution. Today's leading brands are looking to completely transform their traditional marketing strategies given the unprecedented growth of social networks. Industry analysts predict that CMOs will surpass CIOs in spend on technology within the next five years and that social advertising will be the largest growth area of online advertising by 2013. Just as salesforce.com transformed how companies sell to and service their customers, the company is now revolutionizing how businesses market in the social era.
Until the Marketing Cloud, companies had fragmented conversations and uncoordinated social marketing programs. By combining industry leaders
to power the Marketing Cloud, brands now have the proven suite to manage all social marketing activity and access common assets in one place. With the Marketing Cloud, marketers can adapt to the new world of social marketing by deploying:
Customer Success with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Social Listening – Real-Time Listening at Scale From 400+ Million Social SourcesGain actionable insight and uncover marketing opportunities. By delivering the most comprehensive coverage of conversations across the web – including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, blogs, online communities and more – Marketing Cloud customers can turn insight into action. Marketing Cloud now supports a total of 17 languages for social listening and with the launch of a new Apple native iOS app, social listening is also available via mobile devices.
- Social Content – Create Compelling Social PresencesCreate and deploy social content to customers wherever they are on social networks, websites and mobile devices. Customers can now add social components to all content to maximize reach and leverage asset libraries to maintain brand consistency. With more than 50 social applications available, ranging from contests to video players to photo galleries, companies can engage fans with powerful content.
- Social Engagement – Connect With CustomersCompanies can now create scale with workflow through integration with Salesforce. They are able to respond and connect with customers on their channel of choice, build a community of advocates by connecting with customers when and where they are most engaged and spark conversations that extend beyond simple text by attaching videos, images and links. Users can access exactly what they need without sacrificing security through granular rights and permissions.
- Social Advertising – Amplify ContentManage and execute optimized social ad campaigns, including sponsored stories and mobile newsfeed ads. Companies now have the ability to turn engaging content into compelling social ads and optimize them with demographics and KPIs, by leveraging data to identify which ads and demographics deliver the best performance.
- Social Workflow and Automation – Organize Team ProcessesApply sophisticated analysis and rules to organize the thousands of conversations happening across the web by automatically routing relevant social content for quick engagement and response. The Marketing Cloud automatically populates social customer profiles, helping marketers create relevant programs based on consumer interests to align sales and improve customer service.
- Social Measurement – Track Campaign ROIBusinesses can now track campaign results in one dashboard and leverage real-time data to adapt campaigns to be more effective, as well as create new campaigns and show exactly how engagement is driving revenue or other conversions. Marketers can create multiple, custom dashboards via a library of drag-and-drop widgets to deliver relevant, actionable insight to everyone from the community manager to the CMO.
Fifty-five percent of the Fortune 100 and brands including Ford, Unilever, Carnival Cruise Lines, the National Football League and HP are managing their social marketing programs at scale and turning connections into customers for life with the Marketing Cloud.