- Net sales grew 5 percent to $4.05 billion, reflecting contributions from acquired businesses.
- Segment operating profit grew 6 percent to $769 million.
- Diluted earnings per share (EPS) totaled 82 cents, including a net benefit from a discrete tax item and higher mark-to-market valuation of certain commodity positions.
- Adjusted diluted EPS, which excludes certain items affecting comparability, totaled 66 cents this year and 64 cents in last year’s first quarter. (Please see Note 8 below for reconciliation of this non-GAAP measure.)
General Mills Reports Fiscal 2013 First Quarter Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.