Evolution Petroleum Corporation Stock Upgraded (EPM)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 1.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 44.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- EPM has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.19, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- EVOLUTION PETROLEUM CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, EVOLUTION PETROLEUM CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.14 versus -$0.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.31 versus $0.14).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 105.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.53 million to $1.10 million.
- The gross profit margin for EVOLUTION PETROLEUM CORP is currently very high, coming in at 90.20%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 23.90% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model FREE from Real Money's Jim Cramer: Winners and Losers Election 2012 - Steps to take NOW so you can profit no matter who is in charge! Free download now
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts