Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced the latest addition to Adobe® Creative Cloud™ — Adobe Digital Publishing Suite (DPS), Single Edition. DPS, Single Edition significantly simplifies the mobile app development process by enabling designers to create and deliver digital publications to iPad through the Apple App Store, without writing a single line of code. Adobe Creative Cloud is a membership-based service that lets creatives download and install all of Adobe’s desktop applications and also get online services for file storage, sharing, collaboration, and publishing. Adobe is currently offering Creative Cloud membership at US$29.99 per month for anyone who has purchased CS3 or later.
With DPS Single Edition, members can create single-issue content, such as marketing material, brochures, product guides or personal design portfolios, and submit an unlimited number of apps to the Apple App Store for publication, at no additional cost. This gives freelance designers, design agencies and small-to-midsize businesses easy access to the same core digital publishing technologies that leading publishers worldwide are using.
The new, enhanced workflow in DPS Single Edition makes designing and building single-issue apps easier than ever. Designers can use Adobe InDesign® CS6 (included with membership to Creative Cloud) and the integrated DPS services to create “ready-to-publish” apps. These apps can be easily previewed on an iPad and when complete, submitted to the Apple App store through Apple's standard app submission process. Customers can also update their Single Edition apps at no additional cost after they have been submitted to the Apple App store.
QuotesDavid Wadhwani, senior vice president and general manager, Digital Media Business, Adobe
- “Adobe Digital Publishing Suite is helping the publishing industry by enabling them to transform their print publications into beautiful digital experiences. By giving our rapidly growing base of Creative Cloud members access to the same publishing platform, we're empowering the broader design community—including freelancers, design shops and corporate publishers—and following through on our commitment to keep Creative Cloud members ahead of the curve. Creative Cloud members can expect to see more new tools and services in the weeks ahead.”
- “Publishing my portfolio as an iPad app using Adobe Digital Publishing Suite, Single Edition has proven to be an incredible value and enabled the teams I work with to transform and present my work in ways I never imagined. Including DPS Single Edition as part of the Creative Cloud membership gives me endless possibilities to use the latest apps, software, and services to create, update, and publish individual iPad portfolio apps that will help me win future clients.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV