Shares of StellarOne Corp. (STEL) of Charlottesville, Va., closed at $13.23 Monday, returning 18% year-to-date, following a 21% decline during 2011.
The shares trade just below their June 30 tangible book value, and for 14 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of 97 cents. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is 92 cents.
Based on a quarterly payout of six cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 1.81%.
StellarOne's ROA for 12 months ending June 30 0.66%, while the company's ROE was 4.62%.The company reported second-quarter 2012 net income available to common shareholders of $4.9 million, or 0.21 cents a share, declining from $5.5 million, or 24 cents a share, in the first quarter, but increasing from $3.3 million, or 14 cents a share, in the second quarter of 2011. The second-quarter results included $824,000, or three cents a share, in severance costs. The second-quarter provision for loan losses was $1.4 million, increasing from $850,000 the previous quarter, but declining sharply from $3.2 million a year earlier. KBW analyst Catherine Mealor rates StellarOne "Market Perform," with a price target of $13, saying in July after the company reported its second-quarter results that the company's better-than-expected results "came on a stable
Interested in more on StellarOne Corp.? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV