6. Westfield Financial
Shares of Westfield Financial (WFD) of Westfield, Mass., closed at $7.39 Monday, returning 4% year-to-date, following a 15% decline during 2011.
The shares trade for 0.9 times tangible book value, and for 30 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of 25 cents. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is 23 cents.
Westfield Financial pays a regular quarter dividend of six cents a share, and has also been paying a special dividend, twice a year. Based on the regular payout, the shares have dividend yield of 3.25%. Based on the total payout of 49 cents a share over the past year, the shares have a dividend yield of 6.63%.
For the 12-month period ended June 30, Westfield Financial's ROA was 0.49%, while the company's ROE was 2.93%.Westfield Financial on Aug. 29 announced that its board of directors had authorized a program to purchase up to 5% of its outstanding common stock, or 1,278,560 shares, after completing its previous repurchase plan a few days earlier. The company reported second-quarter net income of $974 thousand, or four cents a share, declining from $2.3 million, or nine cents a share, the previous quarter, and $2.9 million, or 11 cents a share, a year earlier. Second-quarter earnings were hit because the company "redeemed certain
Interested in more on Westfield Financial? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV