After Viniar leaves the post, he will join Goldman's board as a non-independent director.
Schwartz served most recently as the global co-head of Goldman' securities division. He joined the firm as a vice president in 1997, became a managing director in 1999, and was named partner in 2002.
Microsoft hikes dividend by 15 percent to 23 cents per shareREDMOND, Wash. (AP) â¿¿ Microsoft Corp. is increasing its quarterly dividend by 15 percent. The Redmond, Wash.-based software company said Tuesday that it will pay a dividend of 23 cents per share on Dec. 13 to shareholders of record as of Nov. 15. That is up from its prior-quarter dividend of 20 cents. Microsoft also said that long-time board member Raymond Gilmartin will retire. The 71-year old former CEO of Merck & Co. has been on Microsoft's board for 11 years. Gilmartin said he is reducing his professional commitments to have more personal time. ___ By The Associated Press(equals) The Dow Jones industrial average rose 11.54 points to 13,564.64. The S&P 500 index fell 1.87 points to close at 1,459.32. The Nasdaq closed down 0.87 point at 3,177.80. Benchmark crude closed down $1.33 to $95.29 in New York, a drop of 1.4 percent. Brent crude dropped $1.76 to $112.03 a barrel in London. Wholesale gasoline fell 4.43 cents to finish at $2.899 per gallon. Heating oil slipped 3.63 cents to end at $3.1271 per gallon. Natural gas lost 9.2 cents to finish at $2.773 per 1,000 cubic feet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV