Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NasdaqGS: AGII), announced today that $125 million aggregate principal amount of 6.50% Senior Notes due Sept. 15, 2042 have been priced for sale by its indirect wholly owned subsidiary, Argo Group US, Inc. Argo Group US, Inc. has granted the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional $18.75 million aggregate principal amount of such Senior Notes to cover over-allotments, if any.
The Senior Notes are fully and unconditionally guaranteed by Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. and are redeemable on or after Sept. 15, 2017, at 100% of their principal amount plus accrued and unpaid interest to the redemption date.
Argo Group intends to apply for listing of the Senior Notes on NASDAQ. If approved, we expect trading in the Senior Notes to begin within 30 days of issuance under the symbol “AGIIL.” Argo Group intends to use the net proceeds from the offering for the repurchase of outstanding trust preferred securities, but such proceeds may also be used for general corporate purposes, including the repayment of indebtedness.
This press release does not constitute an offer for sale of any securities. The Senior Notes may be offered only by means of a Prospectus Supplement and accompanying base Prospectus. Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Wells Fargo Securities, LLC acted as joint book-running managers for the offering. A copy of the Prospectus Supplement and accompanying base Prospectus relating to the offering may be obtained from:
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated at One Bryant Park, New York, NY 10036, toll free number: 1-800-294-1322;
- Wells Fargo Securities, LLC at 1525 West W.T. Harris Blvd., NC0675, Charlotte, NC 28262, Attn: Capital Markets Client Support, toll free number: 1-800-326-5897.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts