The dividend is payable Dec. 13 to shareholders of record on Nov.15, according to a statement released by the Dow component. The ex-dividend date will be Nov.13.
Microsoft, which is one of TheStreet's top tech dividend stocks, jumped into dividends with an annual payment in 2003, and has subsequently earned plaudits for its quarterly returns to shareholders.
This latest boost brings the forward annual yield on Microsoft's shares to 2.95% based on Tuesday's close at $31.17.The software giant also announced that Raymond Gilmartin is retiring from its board of directors after 11 years of service. Gilmartin will not seek re-election to the board at Microsoft's annual meeting of shareholders, which typically takes place in November. "Ray has been a strong and insightful member of the board," said Steve Ballmer, Microsoft's CEO, in the statement. " We appreciate his many contributions over the past eleven years." With Gilmartin's departure, the Microsoft board will have 10 members. Microsoft shares dipped 0.24% to $31.1 in extended trading on Tuesday. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV