CHICAGO, Sept. 18, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In just three days of voting in U.S. Cellular's (NYSE:USM) Calling All Communities campaign, more than 250 schools have jumped into the race to win a share of $1 million in the company's fourth annual campaign to support education. Today, the carrier released the first list of the 100 schools leading the pack, and the race looks like it's going to be a good one. U.S. Cellular's commitment to education is just one of the ways it goes above and beyond other wireless carriers.
"With five weeks left to rally votes, every school still has a chance to join the frontrunners and win," said Carter S. Elenz, executive vice president of sales and customer service for U.S. Cellular. "We're excited to see the schools on this Top 100 listing, but we know that it is still a wide open race with plenty of time for other schools to join the ranks. Each year, we are amazed at how many community members rally together to lead their schools to victory."
The top 18 schools that receive the most votes will win a share of $1 million to spend any way they see fit. The school that garners the most votes will receive $150,000, and the next 17 schools will each receive $50,000. The voting period ends Oct. 21.As of Sept. 18, the top 100 schools lead a total of 251 schools throughout the country that have received community votes and close to 2,300 total votes have been cast. Schools from North Carolina, Tennessee, Illinois, Nebraska, Iowa and Wisconsin are currently in the top 18. There is plenty of time for communities to rally and vote for their local schools and the standings can change drastically. The full Top 100 school list for this week can be seen at uscellular.com/callingallcommunities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV